Nextonic is seeking a highly ambitious, adaptable, structured, and detail-oriented Facilities Projects Coordinator to join our vibrant team at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) supporting the Clinical Center (CC) located in Bethesda, MD.
Overall Position Summary and Objectives To coordinate the multiple construction projects in the Nursing Department that include but are not limited to the inpatient nurse station refresh, outpatient exam room refresh, pediatric clinic update, and ICU boom project. Works with different project officers and staff members to schedule work, relocate equipment and purchase new equipment. Provides weekly status reports.
- Coordinates the functioning of building systems including mechanical, fire and life safety, elevators, etc.
- Perform strategic engineering duties, business management, strategic Joint Commission planning, process improvement, metric assessment and acquisition planning.
- Coordinates and facilitates renovation projects.
- Coordinate and monitor minor construction/renovation projects.
- Work with staff on developing blueprints that consist of current space conditions, demolition plans, new work plans.
- Work with POs on the design and construction services of renovation projects ranging from minor alterations to major design projects.
- Perform management of multiple projects from design through construction completion.
- Develops plans for all renovation projects, taking into account feasibility from architectural, engineering and budgetary perspectives.
- Provide consultation on facility renovation and remodeling projects.
- Participate in planning meetings with space and staff, building architects and engineers regarding space and construction projects.
- Provide report evaluations, planning, programming, studies and investigations, and design concept reviews in support of various facility designs, renovations and new construction projects.
- Suggest engineering solutions to renovation issues and building issues.
- Confer with staff to determine factors affecting planning interior environments, such as budget, architectural preferences, purpose and function. preferences, purpose and function.
- Coordinates space, telecommunications, safety, timelines, etc., for relocation of staff and installation of utility systems for specialized equipment or functions as needed.
- Serve as Project Manager for the planning and coordination of staff and furniture relocations.
- Manage laboratory closures and moves, including the coordination of disconnecting telephones and other laboratory equipment.
- Survey space areas regularly and record any updated or revised locations and use of all electric and LAN outlets, specialized utilities, and/or moved walls or doors.
- Coordinate space, telecommunications, safety, timelines, etc. for relocation of research and administrative staff, renovation of facilities, installation of utility systems for specialized equipment or functions as needed.
- Coordinates with division of safety staff to ensure all safety policies are implemented and maintained.
- Coordinate with staff to develop and issue emergency preparedness and response plans and related documents for all facilities.
- Collaborates with investigators and construction staff to find cost-effective solutions on all renovation projects, and solicits technical input from subject matter experts.
- Collaborate with staff as to reutilization of materials, furniture and other stored items for future reuse.
- Create budget projections for all aspects of renovations, including design, fee for service, construction, move costs, furniture costs and commissioning; serve as main point of contact for tracking of all renovations with emphasis on the end of the fiscal year to close out budget.
- Solicit technical input from subject matter experts as required on special requirements for research or administrative space.
- Monitor schedule and cost of major projects for excessive cost overruns or claims; establish reporting systems to ensure that timely notification is provided to the government representative of any deviation from original budget or schedule.
- Collaborate with investigators and construction staff to find cost-effective solutions on all renovation, repair and improvement projects.
Certifications & Licenses
- Facilities Management Certificate (FMC)
- MS Office Suites
- Adobe Pro
- Project planning
- Microsoft Excel
- knowledge of government facility regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Ability to plan execute office relocation and space acquisition
- Oversight of building projects, renovations or refurbishments