Scientist - National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Centralized Sequencing Program (CSP), Division of Intramural Research (DIR) located in Bethesda, MD.
- Perform a wide variety of procedures and techniques which may include but are not limited to: working mammalian cell culture including handling and maintenance of primary cells, Protein gel electrophoresis, transfer, and Western blotting, Isolation of DNA, RNA, and protein from mammalian cells and animal tissues, PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, DNA cloning and plasmid preparations.
- Perform transfection of mammalian cells with DNA plasmids and RNA molecules.
- Perform basic laboratory maintenance including monitoring the levels of supplies, arranging for equipment repair/calibration, handling received orders.
- Perform lab work and experiments following protocols and instruction.
- Communicate and interact effectively with a diverse laboratory population.
- PhD or Master’s degree
- Experience in Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Assays (ChIP Assays).
- Basic knowledge of statistics, of virology (DNA viruses; herpesviruses), of epigenetics is required.
- Experience working with DNA viruses; titering, infection of tissue culture cells, fluorescent and confocal microscopy is required.
- Familiarity with protein purification chromatography is required.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Prism, Photoshop is required.
- Familiarity with bioinformatic analyses of RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq data is required.